Tomorrow Energy is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing company in Houston, Texas.
The Accountant will be an energy professional who understands our business and works successfully across our operations to provide accounting expertise. This important role will work across a broad range of areas including, accounting, external reporting, internal controls over financial reporting, sales tax, treasury and financial systems implementation and systems management. This position reports directly to the Controller and will work out of our Houston, Texas office (Westchase District).
- General ledger accounting, sales tax, payroll, month-end close and preparation of internal management financial reports
- Aid in the ongoing responsibility for management of the NetSuite accounting system
- Maintain records in accordance with GAAP
- Monthly reconciliation of accrual financials to cash billing records
- Maintain monthly schedules such as PP&E and outside sales amortization and depreciation
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller to ensure that Tomorrow Energy’s books conform to the expectations of outside auditors
- Assist in tracking and forecasting daily cash flow
- Lead role in compiling weekly internal and external sales commissions calculations and payment
- Assist in sales, state, and local tax preparation and various state and PUC periodic reporting
- Perform monthly settlement and energy reconciliation
- Monthly bank records reconciliation
- Accounts payable processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of experience
- Retail Energy industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to submit your resume.